An unemployed interviewee’s journey 1:
By Admin H : After many interviews and some internships at some of the new agencies in town, I got to know what it takes to become a general manager in a design company; so if you have the qualifications below, aim high and don’t underestimate yourself. We’ve got the perfect position for you.
– You’ve got absolutely 0 knowledge of competitor agencies in town.
– You think you only lack marketing.
– You think design, advertising, promotion, and selling veggies all come in the same bag.
– You have no clue of what’s happening in the field.
– You make interns/interviewees explain technical design words.
– You know nothing about the post you are interviewing people for.
– You think multitasking = design, media planning, client servicing, cleaning and all the rest*.
– You think a secretary is an efficient copywriter.
– You don’t know what copywriting means.
– You gossip about your clients’ sexuality.
Facing such GMs can actually have very positive consequences, you would re-think of your major, or at least go back for a masters, or in the worst scenarios accept their job offers.
Good luck !